I realize now I had a lot of things on my to-do list for this day
Before college, before my fourth year in college specifically,
I never really liked drinking coffee and only drank in extreme situations
Like in all-nighters right before major exams
And I haven't reviewed 75% of the past lessons;
Or when I'm stuck in social situations, say, I went along with my roomates
To an extremely popular cafe that's not too near our dormitory.
I never drank coffee outright because I would have the worst side effects
ever: an incapacitating symptom of hyperacidity
Like all the gastric juices in my stomach are boiling up
Ofcourse, they didn't show up right away
It takes hours before my stomach acts up, then, when they did I'd be
puzzled for say, 20 minutes, thinking over, "what did I eat?",
"what did I drink?", "Oh my God, did I get food poisoning?"
then I remember the culprit: coffee.
But, since the start of my senior year in college, I decided I would make
my worst enemy, my best friend and ally
I then started drinking coffee almost every morning before duty
and before my lectures, keeping in mind the wise words of my mother,
"The reason you get hyperacidity is because of an empty stomach"
And so, I made sure that I always ate something before drinking coffee
Soon, coffee became integrated in my daily life
So much that now, whenever I don't drink coffee (because I forgot to)
I would get drowsy and nap more than once a day
And that is never a good thing for a college senior who's got
alot of things to undertake before the sun sets
And so I end this post (my last for this day, hopefully) with
a caffeine-laced toast to my ex-enemy, coffee!
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
photo: faceless by alekz [private]
No comments:
Post a Comment